- 4 large cooking apples (unpeeled, cored, cut in half horizontally)
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Lemon rind
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to each apple to prevent browning
- Steam the apples for 5-10 minutes until tender but not mushy. Carefully remove the apples and place them in a serving dish.
- In a small pot gently heat the malt syrup and peanut butter, mixing well to make a thick sauce. Add the lemon rind. Dilute with a little water if necessary.
- Pour hot sauce over the apples and serve.
If you have enjoyed this post and would like to keep in touch please sign up for my free email newsletter.